A little over three years after the completion of the parish church of All Saints’ its organ was dedicated by William Thomson, Archbishop of York, on 7th October 1881.
It remained in the north transept until 1931 when it waas re-located to an oak gallery at the west end of church and a third manual, new pipes and an electric motor were added.
Sadly, by 2010 the organ was very badly in need of major restoration. The cost proved prohibitive. So, after extensive research into digital organs, the P.C.C. decided to purchase a Johannus Rembrandt organ. The new organ was installed in the organ gallery in November 2010 and dedicated by the Bishop of Whitby on 5th March 2011.
The Rembrant offers the organ lover three basic varieties: Baroque, Symphonic and Romantic, each of which has as many as four different intonations: Classical, Solo, Hymn and Trio: twelve organs in all.